The Lost Valleys of Nar and Phu are sandwiched between the Annapurna range and the Manaslu range. The valleys are home to people of Tibetan descent that have inhabited the area for more than a thousand years. We drive the newly built road that used to be the Annapurna Circuit trek to the village of Koto, and then we trek for a full day to reach our base camp, where we will set our sights on alpine rock climbs at the
4000 – 5000m elevation.
Leadership. Luke Smithwick will be leading this trip working alongside his team of top notch local guides and staff.
Cost Effective. Full Service. We will trek with horse support to base camp. My staff will be cooking fresh meals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. We will have a solar-powered dining tent for charging electronics, relaxing, and for meals. Each member will have their own two person tent.
Trust. Trekking and climbing at 5000+ meters is no place to be short on resources. We make the proper advance preparations to ensure that our team will be properly cared for, from airport to summit to airport.
>Spectacular and scenic trek through the Himalaya
>alpine rock climbing of unclimbed 4000m+ peaks
p: +977 1 4701436
2 – morning flight Pokhara, drive Koto in Land Cruiser 2600m
3 – trek Meta base camp 3550m
4 – base camp prep
5 – 8 climbing days
9 – trek Koto, drive Pokhara
10 – morning flight to Kathmandu, night in Dalai La Hotel
- 2 nights hotel in Kathmandu
- All other accommodation while present on scheduled trip itinerary
- Ground transportation by private vehicle
- ‘Himalaya Alpine’ alpine style rock climbing and trekking trip: Delicious meals, french press coffee and herbal teas, all porterage on approach/retreat, local guides and staff, Mountain Hardwear expedition tents, equipped dining tent, experienced western guide (Luke).
Solar charging for electronics
- Goal Zero Solar charging for electronics
Trip deposit: US$1,000
|portions of the trail leading into the Nar and Phu valleys are carved out of the mountain side.|
|Locals in Phu pose for a photo amongst their harvest.|
Tashi Delek and Namaskar.