We return to the Stok range of Ladakh for summer climbing. The Stok range is one of the most accessible Himalayan ranges, being a days walk from the airport in Leh.
Leadership. Luke Smithwick will be guiding and instructing on this trip, and also climbing with you on the mountain.
Cost Effective. Full Service. Our base camp at Stok Kangri BC will be fully stocked with a variety of meals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, along with snacks. We will have one pit toilet, and each member will have their own roomy 2 person Mountain Hardwear tent. The purpose of a base camp is for you to have a place to recover, relax, and have space from the mountain to collect your thoughts, gather your energy reserves, and move to climbing on the mountain. Our goal as a guide service is to provide a climb that keeps you strong, physically healthy, and mentally prepared for your summit climb.
Proving Ground. The Stok range is an excellent segue way into Himalayan climbing. Come and test yourself on Himalayan giants.
Trust. Climbing at 6000+ meters is no place to be short on resources. We make the proper advance preparations to ensure that our team will be properly cared for, from airport to summit to airport.
>Stok range alpine style climbs | 6000m+
>Focus on alpine climbing and fixed rope mountaineering skills and moving at altitude
>Good preparation trip for climbing to 7000 meters and 8000 meters
Multiple Departures (Contact Luke)
2 – acclimatize Leh 3700m
3 – drive Shang, trek Shang Phu
4 – trek Matho Doksa (via 5000m Matho La)
5 – trek base camp 4900m
6 – climb Stok Kangri 6153m
7 – extra day for weather
8 – trek Leh
9 – depart Leh
- 3 nights single hotel room in Leh
- All other accommodation while present on scheduled trip itinerary
- Ground transportation by private vehicle
- ‘Himalaya Alpine’ alpine style mountaineering trip: Delicious meals, french press coffee and herbal teas, all horse porterage on approach/retreat, local guides and staff, Mountain Hardwear expedition tents, equipped dining tent, experienced western guide.
- Goal Zero Solar charging for electronics
Trip deposit: US$500
Namaste and Jullay.