The Langtang region is the most accessible alpine region from Kathmandu. On clear days you can see the glaciated peaks of Langtang from the Kathmandu valley. It’s a jeep ride to get to the start of a Langtang adventure, no flight required. On this trip we will climb a semi-technical peak (Naya Kanga), trek in spectacular Langtang area, and explore out to the historical Tilman’s Col.
Read an article about a winter ascent of Naya Khanga here: http://publications.americanalpineclub.org/articles/13201212659/Naya-Kanga-and-Yubra-Winter-ascent-and-attempt.
Leadership. Luke Smithwick will be guiding this trip working alongside his team of top notch local guides and staff.Cost Effective. Full Service. We will climb with horse and porter support to base camp. Proving Ground. Come and test yourself on a high altitude peak and trek in the spectacular Himalaya, with the guides and resources to keep you safe and informed. Trust. Climbing at 6000 meters is no place to be short on resources. We make the proper advance preparations to ensure that our team will be properly cared for, from airport to summit to airport.
>Spectacular and scenic trek through the Himalaya
>Mimimum 3 participants
2 – drive Syabru Besi 1503m
3 – trek Lama Hotel 1970m
4 – trek Langtang 3300m
5 – trek Kyanjin Gompa 3830m
6 – acclimatize Kyanjin Gompa 3830m
7 – trek base camp 4500m
8 – trek high camp 4900m
9 – trek base camp 4500m
10 – climb Naya Kanga 5846m
11 – contingency day
*used for weather and extra acclimatization
12 – descend Kyanjin Gompa 3830m (return Kathmandu or stay on)
13-16 exploratory section to Tilman’s Col (Pass)
17 – trek Kyangjin Gompa
18-19 trek Syabru Besi
20 – drive Kathmandu
21 – depart Kathmandu – Monday 2 April 2018
- 2 nights hotel in Kathmandu Dalai La p: +977 1 4701436 e: email@example.com
- All other accommodation while present on scheduled trip itinerary
- Ground transportation by private vehicle
- ‘Himalaya Alpine’ expedition style climbing and trekking trip: Delicious meals, french press coffee and herbal teas, all porterage on approach/retreat, local guides and staff, Mountain Hardwear expedition tents, equipped dining tent, experienced western guide (Luke).
- Solar charging for electronics
13 March –2 April’18
Trip deposit: US$1,000