The magic 7000 meter mark? This is the trip for you. Higher we trek, finally reaching the Phu valley and our base camp; where our big climb begins. This is the best itinerary for an expedition climb of Himlung. When you do your homework, we are excellent value.
+ Climbing 7126m Himlung
+ Excellent trekking on approach
+ Small, focused climbing group
+ Extra days on mountain for weather
Arriving early can be a great way to begin unwinding, we will arrange airport transfer and hotel, no problem.
Day 1 – arrive Kathmandu
2 – Kathmandu
3 – drive Besisahar
4 – drive Koto
5 – trek Meta
6 – trek Phu 4000m
7 – acclimatize Phu 4000m
8 – trek Himlung BC
9 – acclimatize Himlung BC 4900m
10 – acclimatize Himlung BC 4900m
11 – climb camp 1 5620m
12 – climb camp 2 5990m
13 – climb camp 3 6320m , sleep camp 2 5990m
14 – descend Himlung BC
15 – rest Himlung BC
16 – rest Himlung BC
17 – climb camp 1 5620m
18 – climb camp 2 5990m
19 – climb camp 3 6320m
20 – climb Himlung summit 7126m
21 – descend Himlung BC
22-29 – contingency days*
*These days are key for a successful summit. They allow for bad weather, climber health, slow acclimatization, and other imponderables.
30 – trek Phu
31 – trek Koto
32 – drive Besisahar
33 – drive Kathmandu
34 – Kathmandu
35 – depart Kathmandu (or stay on)
- airport pick-ups and drops,
- entrance fees,
- Nepal peak royalty fee and TIMS permit,
- 4 nights hotel single supplement in Kathmandu,
- group transportation by private vehicle,
- entrance fees and permits,
- ‘Himalaya Alpine’ expedition-style climb: All lodge meals, all meals and hot drinks in base camp and on mountain, french press coffee & herbal teas, well equipped and insured professional porters, knowledgeable and experienced western and sherpa guides, local staff, single, compact library of books pertinent to approach trek, full medical kit, PAC bag (for when needed),
- solar charging for all electronics in dining tent,
- weather forecasting,
- access to satellite phone,
- Kathmandu sightseeing.
Gratuities and Extra Costs
Allow approx $250 for meals (while not on trek), and tips. We recommend $100-$150 per trekker thrown into the tips pool for the crew.
Trip deposit: US$1,000
You need to be very fit for this expedition. You should begin training several months in advance. Climbing to 7000 meters requires high cardiovascular health. Do get in touch with Luke for important details on this.
We approach an expedition with a serious and focused intent to help you accomplish your goal. We strive to maximize your potential enjoyment, without comprising safety.
Interested in climbing Himlung? Get in touch with Luke.